Welcome to the webpage of the Sidney Sussex MCR Green Committee! The committee is headed by the MCR Green Officer who manages the environmental efforts of Sidney's graduate community.
What can I do to help the environment?
Here are some obvious things that everyone can do to save energy and help the environment:
- Turn off lights when you leave the room
- Don't leave appliances on stand-by
- Re-use plastic bags / use a re-usable shopping bag
- Fit energy-saving bulbs / PIR lighting
- Turn down the heating by 1-2 degrees
- Fit a 'water hippo' in your toilet cistern
- Switch off your computer monitor between times of use, and shut it down at night
Please read our detailed guides to recycling and ethical shopping.
Recycling guide for Sidney and Cambridge
13 October 2007